On the road to Dubrovnik

I started with 21966km on the bike clock, at around 8:00 in the morning. A bright blue sky, even though it was still a bit cool, 12-15 degrees.

But then I arrived at the Gotthard tunnel. I did not expect that, in front of the tunnel 14.5 degrees. In the middle of the tunnel 35 degrees. Out again, again 14.5 degrees. Very exhausting.You should not do that if you can not stand this extreme, I can easily see people collapsing.

But the view of the Gotthard massif was already beautiful, and the rest of the  drive through Switzerland was very nice.

As soon as I arrived is in Italy, I missed Switzerland immediately. Aggressive drivers and, at least it felt like it, all 5 km there was a  motorway tollbooth. Temperatures around Venice rose to 30 degrees. Stressful. And the pleasure to ride through Italy cost 40 Euros one way. I have no idea why some complain about the Switzerland toll system, so cheap in comparison.

Slovakia / Croatia, as expected. Wild, beautiful. All very good, except the accommodation in Opatija (Image above). The hotel is grandiose, the room tiny, the view awful. Generally, the place here is rather not for me. It is target at retirement folks, everyone seems to be 20 years older than me, the food and the entertainment is accordingly. 

I go to bed early, as I want to start at around 7:30 to have time in the national park.

Fuji XT2 filmsimulations for CaptureOne 11

I am using CaptureOne for my photo management and editing needs. One of the things I miss from Lightroom are the easy available film simulations for the XT2.

In CaptureOne you can achieve the same by using ICC profiles. Some of the great members in the community created profiles to simulate the film effects, and they are available for download at varies places on the net.

What is missing though is the adaptation of the file for the XT2. The profiles, at least the ones I found, are all created for the XT1 or the Pro, and while they are exactly the same in terms of use for the XT2, they show up for the wrong camera in the CaptureOne menu.

To fix this, you only have to change the file names to the correct set. For those who find this post, but primarily for me, in case I forgot what I did:

Here are the original instructions I used:


[Eivind Rohne]

And then I changed the filenames, after copying them to the correct folder, and if you can like, you can download a zipped file with the .iCC files [here]